9.12.2009

Back In [Glossy] Black

I am back, bitches, and I brought a pretty sweet new laptop with me. Picked up a Dell Inspiron 1545, which came in the mail, yesterday. I am super pleased with my purchase. I have been using an older laptop my mom gave me for a little while, now, to do some work from home, but it is just not cutting it. Plus you have the whole "tired of using old and busted" thing going on. The 1545 is very much the hotness. I especially appreciate built in WiFi and no damn latch on the lid to fiddle with when I want to open it. I just wish it had a number pad.

Naturally, because I want this for working at home, one of the first things I did was get the programs I need to accomplish that installed. The second thing I installed? World of Warcraft. I had to. I am pleased to report that new hotness runs WoW pretty damn well. Not as well as my main PC, mind you, but well enough to kill some time with, now and then.

I have to say, for 450 bucks, this is an impressive little rig. I almost wish I had sprung for something fancier when I got my PC instead of getting that. Laptops have come a long way from how I used to view them and I am quickly becoming addicted to the mobility they offer. I used to take old and busted to work and blog on my lunch breaks, so I want to start doing that, again, with new hotness. I find myself constantly thinking of things to write about, but never have the time to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment