3.01.2009

Another WoW Milestone

I mentioned before that when I saw the dragon mounts for Outland, I said to myself, "I must have one". Well, when I got to Northrend, I saw something that gave me that same feeling; the Mammoth Mount. The first one I saw, of course, was the Wooly Mammoth that you can buy in Dalaran along with the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. The Wooly requires a ton of Heroic Instance runs and the Traveler's 20,000 gold. Neither are really optimal for my poor and lazy ass. Then I got to Storm Peaks and found The Sons of Hodir.

At Revered, the generous giants offer up an awesome looking Ice Mammoth and guess who hit Revered, this week? My wife. Nope, just kidding, it was me. The Ice Mammoth is neither 20k gold nor does it require a bunch Heroic Dungeon runs. Just a wee bit of faction grinding and 850 gold is all it takes to have an elephant that is much cooler than the fairly underwhelming Elekks the Draenei get. Not only that, but at Exalted, if I so choose, and I will so choose, I can get a Grand Ice Mammoth. While it isn't as awesome as the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth due to it's lack of vendors, it does share that mounts ability to carry two other passengers. That will be freaking awesome for helping friends level alts. It is also half the price at 8k gold at Exalted. I can't help it, I love huge, redonkulous mounts. Wow should have more of them.

6 comments:

  1. I was very pumped myself the day I got my Ice Mammoth mount from the Sons of Hodir. Also, how sick is their daily to ride the proto drake and spear it to death. I picked up the Black War Mammoth mount as well with the 300 stone keepers shards. I was working on the travelers tundra mount for a while but got to 12k gold and got bored and gave up. I did snag a bronze drake yesterday though which was also nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, I havent been to finish the spear quest yet. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I just skip it, now. I get enough rep from the other dailies, so I don't really mind missing out on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably falling off because of your grip. You have 4 moves if I remember correctly. One is the basic attack, one is a strong attack that triggers all the attack cooldowns. One increases your grip and the other dodges when he swipes at you. Basically, keep your grip above 30 at all times and just do the regular attack. When it prompts you that he swipes that's when you hit the dodge move, then do the strong attack. Rinse and repeat. Phase two is just two buttons, one button to "pry open" his jaw, and one to stab. Stack the "pry open" move until you're at around 10 points then to the attack. It misses a lot so keep stacking the first move and keep trying to stab him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I've read the how-tos on that quest but I can't seem to get it. Is there a way to see your grip without looking at the combat log? I guess I will give it another go, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grip shows up near your compass where your buffs would be. I think that's where they are anyways. If not it can also be seen under the drake's health where dots and such would normally be. I'll be honest, I think I've looked at my combat log maybe half a dozen times in my history of WoW. And those times where to figure out what killed me in a raid so I can figure out who to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it, again, and I just can't get it. I was spamming 1 and I still lost grip.

    ReplyDelete